Decoding Dyslexia Pennsylvania
Decoding Dyslexia PA is a grassroots movement driven by families concerned with the limited access to educational interventions for dyslexia within our public schools. We’ve shed light on a disability that was formerly cast in darkness and left our children invisible. We remain committed to ensuring all children have access to an equitable education and the ability to reach their full potential.
Our group is made up of dyslexic individuals and parents of children who are dyslexic. We aim to raise dyslexia awareness, empower families to support their children and inform policymakers on best practices to identify, remediate and support students with dyslexia in our public schools. We encourage parents to meet with their local policymakers to tell the story of their child, and ask for policies and legislation to identify and support dyslexic children in our public schools.
We are advocating for the following to be implemented:
- A universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the state education code
- Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies
- Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
- Mandatory dyslexia remediation programs, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
- Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia
- Your donation will be used to support dyslexia awareness, education and advocacy efforts for students with dyslexia.
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DecodingDyslexiaPA/
and on Twitter https://twitter.com/DD_PA
Visit our website http://decodingdyslexiapa.org/
*Due to the political nature of our work, contributions to Decoding Dyslexia PA are not tax-deductible. We are not a non-profit organization, which allows us to advocate freely for legislation that will help children with dyslexia in Pennsylvania and at the federal level.