Decoding Dyslexia North Carolina
Thank you for your donation!
Your donation will be used to support advocacy efforts for students with dyslexia in North Carolina.
Decoding Dyslexia North Carolina is a grassroots movement driven by North Carolina families concerned with the limited access to educational interventions for dyslexia within our public schools. We aim to raise dyslexia awareness, empower families to support their children and inform policy-makers on best practices to identify, remediate and support students with dyslexia in North Carolina public schools.
- Universal definition and understanding of “Dyslexia” in the state education code
- Mandatory teacher training on dyslexia, it's warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies
- Mandatory early screening tests for dyslexia
- Mandatory dyslexia remediation programs, which can be accessed by both general and special education populations
- Access to appropriate “assistive technologies” in the public school setting for students with dyslexia
Please visit us at: www.decodingdyslexianc.org
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Decoding.Dyslexia.North.Carolina
Follow us on Twitter: @DDNC13
Due to the political nature of our work, contributions to Decoding Dyslexia North Carolina are not tax-deductible. We are not a non-profit organization, which allows us to advocate freely for legislation that will help children with dyslexia in North Carolina and at the federal level.